CARY, NC 27513
DYNAMIC TECHNOLOGY LEADER
– Build and Lead Software Teams
– Deliver, Sell, & Support Innovative Technology Solutions
Proven experience as manager and leader of technical sales staff. Expert in hiring, team building, coaching, training, and mentoring. Technical competency with wide-range of computing platforms, using many different coding languages. Customer-focused with experience in pre and post sales technical support, systems consulting, services, and education.
Areas of Expertise:
– Technical Sales Management
– Agile Software Development
– Global Business Experience
– Developing & Delivering Technical Enablement
– Platforms: z/OS, AIX, Linux, MAC, Windows
– Software Solutions: Bluemix, Docker, WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere MQ,
WebSphere Message Broker, WebSphere Process Server, WebSphere Commerce, DB2, IMS
– Technologies: JCL, TSO ISPF, Git, Subversion, CVS, REST, XML, Java Servlets, JSP, EJB, JDBC, JMS, SOA,
Web services, SOAP
– Development Tools: Eclipse, Rational Application Developer, Jazz, Micro Focus
IBM, Raleigh, NC
TECHNICAL SALES MANAGER, NA Commerce Channels 2015 – Present
Manage NA technical sales teams that provided strategic coverage supporting 80 key business partners for IBM commerce unit with annual resell revenue plan of over $40M.
– Created high performance team combining deep technical and business skills in order to deliver 1000 partner enablement activities each year.
– Increased capacity and capabilities of partners by delivering deep partner skills enablement and executing partner development plans, achieving 104% of 2015 partner resell revenue, and 22% year-to-year revenue growth 2014 to 2015.
– Improved cloud transformation by coaching team on priorities and practices, leading to SaaS team partner enablement activities increasing to 50% of all work.
– Delivered multiple enablement briefings to help partners understand SaaS resale business and available offerings, increasing SasS sales to 200% of 3Q 2016 target.
TECHNICAL SALES MANAGER, NA Industry Solutions and ECM Channels 2014
TECHNICAL SALES MANAGER, Software Channels, Mid-Atlantic Region
Supervised NA technical sales teams that provided strategic coverage to 150 key business partners for industry solutions (IS) and enterprise content management (ECM). Led 10 technical sellers to deliver IS and ECM partner resale managing revenue of $60M. Owned Mid Atlantic channel technical strategy covering cross-brand channel revenue of $45M.
– Drove NA partner resell for ECM and industry solutions by leading team to execute multiple technical activities, including deal support, education delivery, creation of partner development plans, and partner solutions development.
– Deepened network and knowledge by meeting regularly with leaders in ECM and IS product and development to brief partners on solution updates, leading to partner skills development, business development, and more client opportunities.
– Expanded partner participation in region deals by working with channel sales and Mid-Atlantic technical sales to develop and execute region cross-brand technical strategy.
CLIENT TECHNICAL MANAGER, Commerce Solutions, Great West 2012 – 2013
Oversaw 12 technical sellers in the Great West region. Delivered annual commerce solutions revenue of $40M.
– Worked closely with sales managers and representatives to achieve business targets, and increase revenue.
– Hired, coached and mentored technical sellers to rebuild and revitalize technical sales team, combining technical and business skills and delivering effective customer engagements.
– Grew customer awareness of solutions, leading to successful deployment of purchased software and closer relationships with leaders at key customers: BassPro, Walmart, Academy Sports, Fossil, JC Penney and Gamestop.
– Engaged key customers in planning for Smarter Commerce journey by creating and leading Commerce Client Experience program, creating stronger customer relationships.
– Provided individual coaching, and led multiple team training events improving usage of Demo-to-Win methodology, improving discovery and delivery for effective software demonstrations.
IBM SUMMIT MANAGER, Product Sales, University Hiring and Development 2010 – 2012
Recruited, hired, and managed trainees in IBM’s industry leading new seller program, including 60 brand sales trainees. Personally managed 15 trainees each year.
– Delivered annual recruitment and hiring targets by leading recruitment events, conducting interviews, and executing hiring processes.
– Offered ongoing coaching to trainees and led 4 seller training streams to successful graduation and placement in IBM jobs.
– Designed streamlined recruiting processes, reducing time taken to screen new applicants.
– Executed and delivered pilot presentation skills course, that led to adoption of dedicated business communication skills curriculum as formal part of Summit program.
– Proposed adoption of Summit social networking strategy and gained agreement from program leadership, creating Summit presence on Facebook and Twitter, and increasing program relevance and visibility to target hires.
MANAGER AND TECHNICAL LEADER, Extreme Blue Raleigh 2006 – 2010
Led Raleigh lab for IBM’s premier global internship program for top business and technical students.
Owned $5M lab operations budget. Ran 4 to 6 innovation projects each year with $100K budget each.
– Conducted interviews, designed interview process, and led recruiting events to recruit and hire minimum of 25 talented interns from leading nationally accredited universities each year.
– Owned worldwide project acquisition, working with global teams, ensuring consistent projects standards, and global collaboration to deliver technical innovation.
– Devised intern hiring portal and developed individual plans to place interns into fulltime IBM jobs, achieving offer rate of 90%, and acceptance rate of 50%.
– Introduced Agile development practices to Extreme Blue, and coached interns to adopt better software development methods.
– Maintained deep relationships with IBM development leadership, aligning lab with technical strategy and innovation goals.
REDBOOKS PROJECT LEADER AND WEBSPHERE SPECIALIST, ITSO 2000 – 2006
Led project teams, developed, and published Redbooks. Delivered skills, technical know-how, and education to share with IBM technical professionals, business partners, and clients. Selected and managed over 20 project teams to write IBM Redbooks, and workshops on WebSphere solutions.
– Created WebSphere Commerce practice and led planning with product development, securing additional funding for ITSO plan needed to deliver 8 Redbooks each year.
– Provided worldwide technical consulting for WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Commerce, and WebSphere integration solutions. Created and taught classes in multiple countries, expediting adoption of new technologies.
– Developed strategy and provided technical leadership to re-launch ITSO’s international workshop practice, delivering over $5M of annual education revenue.
– Master’s in Arts (MA), English, University of Waikato, Hamilton, New Zealand
– Bachelor of Arts (BA), English and History, University of Waikato, Hamilton, New Zealand
– IBM Business and Industry Insights, 2014
– IBM Global Strategic Conversations, 2015
– Bluemix Essentials, 2016
– Bluemix – Practitioner Essentials, 2016